Follow my blog on bloglovin!

Follow on Bloglovin

lunes, 23 de marzo de 2015

10 ways to turn around a bad day

I've been having a bad day today, it happens sometimes right? 
It rained a lot, I stepped on dog poopie (oops), when I tried to take out my dogs they wouldn't stop pulling, and the list goes on.

But I decided I wouldn't let that be my day, I thought: "how can I turn this day around so I don't go to bed crabby?" 

So I tried different things, here are some of them and a few more I could think of to tell you guys.



1.Listen to your favorite (positive) song and sing along.

Music can change your mood in a second, listen to your favorite song and sing if you can and dance around like crazy! (I do that a lot)

2. Write about what's bothering you and don't forget to write about what you're grateful for.

Writing things down can release stress and anxiety, it helps you get your things off your chest and no one has to ever see it. Also, write a few things you're grateful for so that you remind yourself how blessed you are. This will help you see things from a different perspective.

3. Do some cardio. 

Even if you don't feel like it. Working out will stimulate blood flow and release endorphins that will help you feel better.

4. Sign out of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram.

When you're having a bad day it's not a good idea to check your social media since everyone posts about their positive things. You can't help but compare yourself to others and, some days, social media is a really bad idea.

5. Pet an animal.

Whenever I'm having a bad day I just like to play with my dogs and hug them, which they hate sometimes; but it makes me feel a lot less stressed.

6. Take some alone time.

Take a bath, go to the beach or for a walk by yourself. You make time for others so why not make time for you?

7. Meditate.

I've talked before about the benefits of meditation, when you're having a bad day this is always a good idea.

8. Treat yourself.

Sometimes you need to eat the damn cake!

9. Help out a stranger.

Buy food for that homeless man you see everyday in the street, help an old lady cross the street... This will take the focus out of your own problems when you realize there are others that might have it worse.

10. Laugh.

Watch something funny on YouTube, read something funny, anything that will make you laugh. Haven't you heard Laughter is the best medicine?




No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario