Follow my blog on bloglovin!

Follow on Bloglovin

martes, 31 de marzo de 2015

How to deal with change



All of us feel it at some point, whether it’s a break up, a new job or even school; change is a big part of life and it might make us feel sad, restless or even give us anxiety.


I know I hate change. I don’t like feeling like I’m losing something that, at some point, meant a lot to me; or having to adapt to a new environment. But in the most recent years, I’ve learned to accept change as a big part of us and now I even enjoy it. I got the biggest blessings in my life only by accepting and embracing change.





1. Accept it. Change is a big part of our lives, the sooner you accept this, and the better you’ll feel. Remember change isn’t easy but it gives us the opportunity to grow.


2. Let yourself wallow. This is a major advice I learned from Lorelai and Gilmore Girls! When Rory is facing her first break up, she refuses to wallow but in the end, it’s exactly what she needed. I was much like Rory; I hated crying and I felt like it made me weak. But with the years I’ve learned to accept the fact that, sometimes, letting ourselves feel the sadness is just what we need.  Pushing down those feelings will only make it worse. 



3. Ask for help. I know sometimes it’s difficult, especially if you’re the independent kind; but you don’t have to do this alone!


4. Blank canvas! See change as an opportunity, you have the pen in your hand, go ahead and write your story how you want it to be. 

This is a collaboration with my friend Kelsey from Leather & Lipstick. She'll be posting her ways to deal with change on her blog soon, don't forget to check it out and show her some love!






No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario