Follow my blog on bloglovin!

Follow on Bloglovin

miércoles, 15 de abril de 2015

How to reduce stress



I had a different post written for today but it’s been a really stressful week, so I had to stop and think about everything I had to do to reduce stress; and I thought, why not share these with all of you?

You all know I like to be very positive (some say I’m way too positive, like there’s such a thing right?) but, let’s get real, life happens to all of us. Sometimes we are not in the best mood, we argue with people, we have a bad week at work or we have a different problem.

For me, this week was horrible so far, I’m in the middle of moving, I argued with my best friend and my aunt, I keep getting things to do at work ; and, today when I got from work, I found out my puppy decided to have a party while I was gone. 



 (Here's some proof of the party Aria had, it's a little blurry because I took it with my phone as soon as I got in the house to show a friend.)


I know a lot of people who would have gotten angry and, sadly, they would have hit the poor puppy, for example. Yes, sadly I know people like that personally.

But I love my baby and I would never do anything to hurt her (or animals for that matter), so instead I took a bath and relaxed before cleaning up the mess.
So here is everything I do to reduce stress and go back to my normal, happy mood.

1. Take a relaxing bath. As I mentioned before, this is what I did today to feel better. I took a really warm (people who know me would say steamy haha) bath and I listened to relaxing music. I know some people don’t like taking baths but it just helps me a lot.

2. Go for a walk. Something that really helps me when I’m stressed is to go for a walk, personally, I need to listen to music while I’m walking; if I don’t I just don’t relax. 

3. Talk about it. It doesn’t matter if you don’t have anyone to talk to, just talk. Once I was going through a really bad break up and what I did was say everything I was feeling out loud for about 20 minutes. Don’t think I’m crazy for “talking to myself” haha. It was kind of like writing a diary. I acted like I was talking to the person and that was therapeutic. Since I did that, I do it every time I need to get something out of my mind. 

4. Go out and have fun. You deserve to have some fun so just go out and forget the reason you’re stressed. Just like with everything else, the more you think about it, the more power you give to it.

5. Meditate. I’ve said it before; meditation has a lot of benefits. It is proven that even our brain changes when we have been meditating for a while. Clear your mind and you’ll be stress free. 

6. Healthy habits. I’ll include in this one everything, get enough sleep, eat healthy, wake up early, exercise… having healthy habits is important to help our bodies cope with stress.




No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario