Follow my blog on bloglovin!

Follow on Bloglovin

lunes, 6 de abril de 2015

Motivational Monday: How to overcome fear.

Last week I talked about the fear of change, today I want to talk about how to overcome most of our fears.

Being completely honest with all of you, I am the most fearful person in the world, so take this post as a "let's do this together" kind of post.

We all let fear get in the way of our own happiness, I am fully aware that I've let a lot of opportunities go because I was "afraid" of the unknown, afraid of failure, or of rejection.
I realized most of the fears I have are actually excuses, negative thoughts that are over contemplated

I try not to be the kind of person that lives by the what-ifs, so I decided to put the focus on where it should be.



1. Get to know your fear. Think about what your fear is and how you have that fear. In psychology, there's this thing we call "The Confidence/Competence loop". It's a simple concept, without confidence, we give in to fear and we don't take any action. The more you understand something, the more confident you are. By getting to understand your fear, you can deal with it better.

2. Take a no-excuses approach. As I said before, some fears are excuses we repeat to ourselves so often, they sink in.  Remember: “if you really want something you’ll find a way, if not you’ll find an excuse”. Which one will it be?

3. Get real. Fears tend to be much more than reality. I always think of the worst case scenario and we don’t give ourselves time to get real. Most of the things we fear are unreasonable and rarely happen. Give yourself time to think things through and be more realistic before making a decision.


4. Expose yourself to the fear. Sometimes, by exposing yourself to your fears, we realize it wasn’t that bad. Be brave!


5. Ask for help. I always say this because it’s so true, you’re not alone! Whether it’s someone you know or a stranger, there’s always someone who will listen and, even share your fears. Ask for help and you’ll be surprised by the results.

6. Reward yourself. You exposed yourself to your biggest fear; you made the decision to overcome it. You deserve it! 



No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario