Follow my blog on bloglovin!

Follow on Bloglovin

lunes, 20 de julio de 2015

Soul to Soul with Jasmine










A couple weeks ago I was at home watching some TED talks and I came up with this idea, I messaged my friend/blogger Jasmine from Color U Bold and told her all about it.



As I was talking to her, this idea kept evolving and we decided to give it a try.


We aren’t sure yet on how to approach it, how many times to post it or in what format we are going to do it (video/blog post). We will see how it goes.


The idea is basically an interview, but not like the ones we are so used to see in the blogging community, not the typical Q&A kind of interview, but a more in depth conversation with not only bloggers, but also anonymous people, friends or people who really want to tell their story.


It will be called Soul to Soul, and it’s meant to inspire and empower others, we all have a story to tell, we all have overcome something that once scared us and we didn’t think that was possible.


With this idea we want to show people that whatever it is they’re going through, it will get better; if you have a story you want to share please contact Jasmine or me and we will tell your story for you.


Since this was the first time we do this, we interviewed each other; we talked for I think more than an hour via Skype, and what a conversation let me tell you. We were both nervous at first but we ended up talking about things we have never talked about to other people (at least in my case). And that’s the point of this series, we want you to feel comfortable enough to tell your story, being 100% sure that we will NOT judge you. 


So here is what Jasmine told me…
 

I’ve had anxiety for so long, I get it when I’m in a crowded place, I get it when I’m not happy… when I was in nursing school it got worse, I wasn’t happy; I knew that wasn’t what I wanted to do in life. I made the decision that nursing school wasn’t for me and things started to get better, making that decision left me so relieved and I knew it was a good sign, I knew God wanted me to know I was in the right path.

It wasn’t an easy decision but I could feel it was the best. A few months later I had found a job and I didn’t take the anxiety pills anymore but I was still really sad. I needed to find my passion.

One day I entered a Twitter competition and I won! I asked for a camera to make my blog better and I got way more than that. I got the camera but I also got a tripod and the laptop I’m using right now to talk to you. It had to be a sign; God wanted me to do this!


Overcoming depression and anxiety isn’t easy but there are a few things you can do every day in your life to make it a little bit easier.


First of all you need to believe in yourself. The main reason I had anxiety was because I always felt like I wasn’t good enough, I always felt everyone was better than me. Never think you’re less than anyone, we are all different and now I even enjoy being different.


Love yourself; if you don’t love yourself first, no one is going to love you.

Embrace those differences and work with them.


Try to push yourself to get out of your comfort zone. Do one thing every day that scares you. Just by accomplishing something that once scared you, you’ll start to notice there is nothing in this world we can’t do if we really want to.


Ask for help and never give up. Find your passion and don’t settle for less than you deserve. Had I stayed in nursing school, I probably wouldn’t have come this far.





If you liked Jasmine’s story go show her some love at Color U Bold


We want to share your story; we want to get to know you so don’t be shy and contact us. We want to meet you!


Check out what I had to say on Jasmine's blog! Soul to Soul with Isaya


New Soul to Soul every other Monday.




No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario