Follow my blog on bloglovin!

Follow on Bloglovin

lunes, 3 de agosto de 2015

Soul to Soul with Olga Garajeva









For todays Soul to Soul, I asked a really good friend of mine if she wanted to share a story; I’ve known her for years and I know what an inspirational woman she is.
However, one of the greatest things about her is how humble she is, and instead of talking about herself she decided to share a story she had witnessed.



She was on the train one night and, as she tells me, no one really talks to strangers where she lives; they all sit there minding their own business hoping to get home.


A few stops later, a girl got in with a huge box, she had to use her whole weight to get it inside; and then she opened the box and started asking people if they were hungry. The box was full of delicious pastries and she asked a few times if someone was hungry. She then grabbed one and started eating it, and all of the sudden people asked for one. 


My friend then asked the girl why she was doing that to what the girl said, “I work at a bakery and when we don’t sell the pastries we throw them away, I’ve been in a point in my life when I didn’t know when I was going to eat again, some people are lucky, they are hungry at work but they know when they go home they will eat; other people are hungry but they don’t know when’s the next time they’ll have something to eat, so instead of throwing them away I prefer giving it to people who are hungry.”


As I was talking to my friend I said wow that’s beautiful but she told me to wait because that wasn’t the miracle in the story. Since that girl told that story, everyone around my friend started sharing beautiful stories like what they do to help others that are not so lucky in life.


My friend then told me how that day, that wasn’t particularly pretty, it was foggy if I remember correctly; she left that place with the feeling that everything was more beautiful than when she got in.


What we can learn from this is that it only takes one small act of kindness to brighten someone’s life, and this will trigger more kindness. 
 

So don’t be scared, don’t be shy, do something every day to make someone smile. Who knows if that saves a life, who knows if that person is hungry and doesn’t know when they’ll eat again. 





We want to share your story; we want to get to know you so don’t be shy and contact us. We want to meet you!

Also thanks Jasmine for the beautiful picture you made for the Soul to Soul series. Don't forget to show her some love at Color U Bold!


 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario