domingo, 26 de octubre de 2014

I want long hair!

I always had really long hair but I cut it because my hair is super thick and wavy, and it gets hard to style, not to mention all the time I had to spend doing so.


But now I want it back, I want it long, so I'm taking extra care of it so I don't get split ends or it dries.

So I'm going to leave here some tips that have been working for me:

1. Don't wash your hair too much: washing your hair too often and using really hot water will cause it to dry and break. Wash it 3 times a week, at first it will appear greasy, that's because your scalp is used to producing more oil, but as soon as you start doing this often it will get better.

2. Eat well: it is true, your diet affects everything, from how you look to how your hair looks, so eat well and take protein, this will help your hair grow faster and healthier.

3. Drink plenty of water: you're probably tired of hearing me (or reading) say you need to drink lots of water, and it is true, if you don't drink enough water you'll be dehydrated and it will show in both your skin and hair. Your hair will dry therefore it will break easily. Drink your water!

4. Massage your scalp: do this to stimulate blood flow to the area.

5. Exercise: same as above, exercising will help stimulate blood flow to your head, and whole body but that's not the point right? 

6. Reduce stress: stay positive, stress can lead to a hair loss. How many times have you heard someone say they're losing their hair cause of stress? If you need help you can find my tips on staying positive here.

7. Don't use a brush when your hair is wet: this will break it and cause split ends.

8. Use good products: 
  • Argan oil is not only great as an anti-aging product, it is also good for growing longer hair.
  • Hairfinity: this is a nutritional supplement that contains lots of vitamins for your hair, you can find yours here.
  • Mane n' tail shampoo and conditioner.
And if all else fails use some good extensions!

Let me know what you do to take care of your hair in the comments below!

XO Isaya

1 comentario:

  1. I can definitely vouch for the no washing your hair too much and brushing it when it's wet... soooo bad, especially when you have long hair! Great post! <3

    - Dawn | http://eyeshadowcouture.blogspot.com

    ResponderEliminar