martes, 3 de febrero de 2015

10 things to let go before my next birthday.

Hello again!


In a few weeks I'll be 26 and I wanted to share with you a few things I've learned the first 25 years of my life, I know you've seen me talking about being positive and a few habits to incorporate in your life to live happy that you can find here.


Growing up I didn't have someone to give me advice or teach me right from wrong, I learned all this the hard way so I decided to write this to help all of you who don't have anyone to look up to.




1. Waiting for someone else to love you. We often think that we will be happier when that person loves us and we forget that, in order to be truly happy, we need to love ourselves first. 

2. The need to always have the last word or win every argument. Someone once asked me: "Do you want to be right or do you want to be happy?




3. The illusion of control. No matter how hard you work or how much you care, things could still crumble. We need to accept we can't control everything and that's perfectly fine.

4. Let go of people you don't need in your life, sometimes, no matter how hard it is, you need to let go of certain people; if someone only hurts you, if someone only talks to you when they need something or is making your life harder than it should be, it is time to let go. 




5. Let go of your "plan". I put it this way because that's what I used to say. I used to stress about having a plan and not being able to make it. There's no right time for anything, things won't end up the way you imagined they would be and what's most painful is being attached to what's supposed to be instead of whatever is.

6. Let go of worrying about everyone else's opinion. It's your life not theirs so live it as you wish, as long as you're not hurting anybody you're perfectly fine.

7. Making excuses. You know what they say: if it's important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse. Stop making excuses and start working!

8. Thinking you should always get what you want. I used to think I was very unlucky because I wouldn't get what I wanted and I even felt like "the universe" owed me. With the years I realized most of the time not getting what I wanted was exactly what I needed.

9.  Let go of thinking life is fair. Let me tell you this, life isn't fair and it's totally okay. You need to accept this or you'll only be depressed for the rest of your life!

10. Mistakes. Let them go. I used to remind myself all the time of my mistakes and, what's even worse, other's mistakes. I thought I couldn't just forgive someone who is genuinely sorry because of all the mistakes they made but, if you can't forgive someone else for their mistakes, how do you expect people to forgive you for yours?


Life isn't easy and none of us have the answers for everything, I'm still learning here, just because I post these tips that doesn't mean I follow all of them blindly. We all make mistakes (as I said before), and sometimes it's really hard to do what you know you should do, or to let go of what you know you have to let go, but forgive yourself and start over. No one said it's going to be easy but it is going to be worth it!



No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario