domingo, 7 de febrero de 2016

How To Deal With Criticism.



This is so out of the blue to all of you it’s still something us bloggers need to read/hear once in a while.

I’m an avid YouTube consumer and I follow a lot of YouTubers, most of them beauty related. I’m like everyone else, I have people I like more and people I like less.

Recently I stumbled upon a website that has a “trash a guru” and an “abhorred bloggers” section and I read a few threads. 


Needless to say I was horrified by them; these people are so rude and just talk trash on everyone (I’m not linking back to them because I don’t think they deserve the views).

In all honesty, it discouraged me to keep blogging for a little while because I felt like maybe one day they would talk all this horrible things about me. 

But today I felt like I couldn’t let these strangers get in my way so here’s what I’m going to do.

Even though I’ve studied Psychology, I don’t call myself an expert so I’m just going to list a few things that might help in case you find yourself in the same situation.


1. Criticism is going to come. No matter how big or small your blog is, it’s going to happen. Accept it. Some people just feel better hating on bloggers but realize it has more to do with them than with you.

2. Make the choices that are right for you. Quoting Rihanna “People gon talk whether you doing bad or good” so think about what you want and what you need and focus on your own happiness.

3. Learn from criticism. There’s hate for the sake of it and then there’s constructive criticism. Learn to tell them apart and let it help you get better at what you’re doing.

4. Don’t respond to haters. And if you end up responding, don’t do it with more hate. Hate doesn’t end hate. Be respectful with those who aren’t respectful, they won’t know how to react so, KILL THEM WITH KINDNESS.

5. Finally, don’t be a hater. Like I said before, we all have people we like more and people we like less, but don’t be the one who tears down someone else’s hard work. If you don’t like something, simply walk out. No one is forcing you to watch that video or read that post.

Have you faced criticism before? What did you do about it?
 


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario